IWRA Webinar on “World Toilet Day 2019 – Leaving No One Behind” (19 November – 3pm CET)!
IWRA’s next webinar on World Toilet Day – Leaving No One Behind will take place next Tuesday, November 19th from 3pm to 4pm CET. Participation is open to all and audience questions are encouraged. Registration here for free: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8304156524345528845 Established by the World Toilet Organization in 2001, World Toilet Day was made an official UN day in 2013. Today, this event draws attention to the global sanitation crisis, and advocates for the achievement of SDG 6. Currently, 4.2 billion people live without safely managed sanitation. These people can be left behind when trying to access sanitation services or improve their current facilities. Not only sanitation issues matter but also the social, economic and environmental consequences of inaction. A toilet is not just a toilet. It’s a life-saver, dignity-protector and opportunity-maker. And, most of all, sanitation is everyone’s human right, anywhere around the world. Learn more by accessing the WTD 2019 fact sheet, and start preparing for IWRA’s webinar!
- 2019 World Water Assessment Report: Update on Sanitation
- Leaving ‘No One’ Behind, Ensuring the Right to Sanitation
- Beyond Toilets – Need to Consider the Broader Dimensions of Sanitation
- Private Acts, Public Stories: Sanitation NGOs during the ‘Clean India’ Mission
- Jen Barr, WASH Consultant and Researcher
- Lovleen Bhulla, Research Fellow, Edinburgh Law School
- Philippe Cullet, Director, University of London
- Natalia Uribe Pando, Programme Specialist, UNESCO WWAP
Moderator: Scott McKenzie, PhD Candidate, University of British Columbia.
IWRA Webinars constitute an additional resource designed to help our members, academics, dedicated practitioners, and policy professionals further explore these and other timely themes engaging on fruitful discussions, also aligned with the international water agenda and in close collaboration with key partners.
Start date: November 19, 2019
End date: November 19, 2019
Organization: International Water Resources Association - IWRA